Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) has been witnessing a rapid deployment by network carriers worldwide. During the phases of VoLTE deployments, carriers would typically face challenges in understanding the factors affecting the VoLTE performance and then optimizing it to meet or exceed the performance of the legacy circuit switched (CS) network (i.e., 2G/3G).
This course is a technical optimization to the VoLTE network. The course includes VoLTE Architecture and Protocol Stack , procedures in VoLTE performance optimization, Voice Call Continuity (VCC) features, VoLTE call dedicated bearer setup, Radio Network Optimization and Voice Quality Optimization
WHO WOULD BENEFIT
This course is intended for RF/VoLTE/E2E Engineers who wants to know the principles of VoLTE and how to troubleshoot VoLTE network.
• LTE Fundamentals.
• LTE Air Interface.
TOPIC AREAS COVERED
- Motivations for VoLTE:
- Introduction to VoLTE.
- VoLTE Principles.
- VoLTE for Customers.
- VoLTE for Operators.
- Voice Solutions for LTE.
- SIP & IMS Architecture:
- Introduction to SIP.
- Important SIP Messages.
- What is IMS?
- Why we need IMS?
- IMS Architecture
- VoLTE Architecture:
- VoLTE Architecture.
- VoLTE Protocol Stack.
- VoLTE Capability in UE.
- Radio Bearer for VoLTE.
- VoLTE Call Procedure:
- Detect available network.
- Attach to LTE Network.
- IMS Regsiter.
- E2E IMS Flow.
- VoLTE Call On‐Hold/Call Waiting.
- VoLTE Mobility Optimization:
- Handover Delay and Optimization.
- Intra‐Frequency Handover.
- Inter‐Frequency Handover.
- Single Radio Voice Call Continuity Procedure.
- SRVCC Parameters Optimization.
- Handover Parameters Optimization.
- Fast Return to LTE.
- VoLTE Performance Enhancing Features:
- RLC Unacknowledged Mode.
- Robust Header Compression (RoHC).
- Discontinuous Reception (DRX).
- Voice Uplink coordinated multipoint reception (UL CoMP).
- DL Power Boosting.
- Dynamic/Semi Persistent Scheduling for VoLTE.
- VoLTE Optimization:
- Drop Call issues.
- VoLTE call setup success rate.
- Radio network setup success rate.
- Handover success rate.
- Call completion success rate.
- VoLTE Downlink performance in the weak signal.
- VoLTE uplink performance in the weak signal.
- Uplink Block Error Rate (BLER).
Register from HERE.