Open RAN concept is about building networks using equipment that separates the vendor-specific software and vendor-specific hardware associated with the vast majority of radio access network (RAN) equipment that is available today from a handful of cellular equipment vendors. Open RAN, then, uses RAN software on commercial, off-the-shelf hardware (COTS).
WHO WOULD BENEFIT
This detailed technical course is intended for engineering and related job functions who need to get a strong understanding of the Open RAN concept, drivers, network architecture, open interfaces, and Deployments & Trails.
Basic knowledge of the current wireless and mobile communications systems and standards including LTE and 5G.
TOPIC AREAS COVERED
- The Key Drivers for an Open Ecosystem
- Several Open RAN Initiatives
- Telecom Infra Project
- ORAN Alliance
- Traditional Mobile Network Architecture
- Virtualized vRAN Approach
- OPENRAN, O-RAN AND vRAN?
- What Is Open RAN?
- Why Does Open RAN Matter?
- Open RAN Ecosystem
- O-RAN Alliance Architecture
- RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC)
- RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC) non-RT.
- RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC) near-RT.
- Open RAN Split Architecture
- Open RAN Interfaces
- Traditional RAN Vs. Open RAN
- Open RAN Requirements
- Open RAN Use Cases
- Open RAN Deployments and Trails
- Open RAN Vendors
- Open RAN Strategy Roadmap
- Open RAN Impact for 5G
Please send mail to email@example.com